I spend a lot of time inside and outside of work studying design. I think it gets to a point for everyone where design becomes difficult to ignore, as it influences our every day decisions. It’s important to understand design elements and how they not only affect you on a day to day basis, but your customers as well. You can ask yourself the following questions:
How does my target audience perceive my brand?
Does my website’s design go hand in hand with my content?
What kind of experiences are users having when they land on my website?
Is my design making an emotional connection with my customers?
Because websites are so multi-dimensional, there is no one way to answer these questions. It’s an ever changing industry and with new technology comes updates on how we approach design. Lucky for you, Beacon has been in the industry for 16 years. We love answering these questions because these are the questions you have to ask to get to a successfully designed website.
Since being in the website industry, I’ve had the opportunity to wear many hats. This has helped me approach website design and development from every angle with all considerations in mind. Below I have listed a few elements to consider when designs a website.
- A beginners guide to UI design. Read more.
- How to beat the paradox of choice in UI design. Read more.
- An introduction to color theory for web designers. Read more.
- How to get a professional look with color. Read more.
- Five web design colors that encourage visitors to click that subscribe button. Read more.
- How to use images effectively in websites. Read more.
- How to use photography in web design. Read more.
- How to build irresistible websites. Read more.
In today’s world, your website is one of your most vital marketing tools. If you would like to find out more about how redesigning your website can push your business forward, let us know!