Web Content Management - General Overview
A content management system (CMS) allows you to quickly and easily manage your website content without worrying about the technical details. A good CMS supports white papers, company news & press releases, images & pictures, product & service information, FAQs, social media, email archives & newsgroups, presentations and online demos, video & audio.
A CMS should easily scale to the size of your company and include the following primary features. Cascade CMS is Beacon's CMS of choice.
- Multiple people can collaborate and/or edit content simultaneously
- A workflow, or content approval process to move content from creation to publication
- Security features to restrict authorized users to the specific content
- Versioning to tracks changes and support reinstatement if needed
- Scheduling feature for content publishing
- Templating for consistent presentation of content, page types and brand
- Indexing, search and retrieval for keyword searches
- Built-in SEO support such that pages are search engine friendly
"Again, I'm completely BLOWN AWAY! This is great stuff...."
"Many companies want to race through requirements elicitation, but not the Beacon team. The extra time we spent on analysis paid enormous dividends throughout the remainder of the project."