Nextopia Site Search Setup
Have you ever been to an ecommerce site without site search, or the bare-bones site search tool that came with the CMS? Not a good experience, right? Ecommerce sites are generally pretty large and full of products and categories, so if the site search setup is inadequate, shoppers are going to get frustrated very quickly and leave your site. Sometimes it’s good to think about these things in the offline-equivalent. Imagine a clothing store where nothing is organized. Polo shirts are mixed in with pants that are mixed in with socks that are mixed in with jackets. Oh, and there are no employees to help you find anything either. Sounds like a nightmare doesn’t it?
That’s why Nextopia Site Search exists. Having a robust site search setup on your ecommerce site takes you from that disorganized mess of a store to one of those posh boutiques in Beverly Hills, You know, the one where the employees bring you the clothes you want to try on. And who doesn’t want their shopping experience to be like that?? Here are some of the key features that a proper site search setup like Nextopia will bring to your ecommerce site:
- Helps minimize spelling errors
- Seller-generated-rankings allow you to push certain products to the top of suggestions
- Also provides suggestions for products based on what’s already been entered
- Gain more control over the results
- Nextopia site search provides you with the opportunity to customize results; for example, you can set the top row as sale items relevant to the search
- Minimize the steps between searching and purchase
- When search results are high quality, refined searches aren’t necessary
- Autocomplete suggestions guide users to the right product quicker
- Fewer calls to your customer service department
- When users can easily find what they’re looking for, they don’t feel the need to call in (if they didn’t leave the site!), giving your staff more time to focus on other tasks
- Improved ecommerce metrics
- On-site search users are 4.8 times more likely to make a purchase
- Average order value of on-site search users is 8% higher than non-searchers
- 43% of shoppers head straight for the search bar
Yes, Nextopia site search makes your website more user-centric. But it can do so much more. As well as appealing to visitors’ desire for immediate results, Nextopia online site search provides valuable marketing data and insights in to usability issues.
Best of all, Nextopia site search results can provide insights into new products and ideas for your
e-commerce business. Through use of Nextopia online site search, you’ll know each and every product your visitors have searched for. This includes products you may not stock at this present time. Armed with this new information, you may choose to expand your product offering to include items your visitors are already looking but are not currently able to purchase from your website.
It’s important to note that the benefits of Nextopia site search extend beyond the initial time of purchase. Websites employing Nextopia site search often experience lower return rates. Think about it. When a merchant uses one of Nextopia’s merchandising tools to highlight a product as “new”, it significantly reduces the chance of a visitor purchasing an older model, realizing their error and eventually returning the item.
If you’re ready to take your ecommerce store to the next level and provide a great shopping experience, contact us today. We’ve helped many clients with site search setup and configuration to best meet their needs and the needs of their customers.
"Many companies say they can help with SEO and site enhancement yet it's very difficult to know if they know what they're doing or not. With Beacon we knew they were specialists right from the start."