Google Analytics Upgrades for Higher Education
If you haven’t upgraded to Universal Analytics, it’s time. For Higher Ed, it will enable you to
- get a clearer picture of actual user totals (using UserID),
- improve marketing channel attribution & cycle time for conversions (session unification), and
- provide expanded use of Custom Dimensions for audience segmentation and prospect categorization.
The required setup for a Universal upgrade includes
- Inventory of GA code implementations,
- Create code syntax updates across the board,
- New code snippets for additional data points (optional),
- Installation of code updates (and removal of old code),
- Testing & validation.
Once Universal GA is in place, you can implement User-ID capabilities which will require:
- GA administrative configuration updates
- Database that captures user email addresses, generates User-IDs, and additional code to interface with Google Analytics.