Est. Reading Time: 2 minutes
Beacon is proud to announce the launch of two very large Cascade server website redesign projects:
The design for each of these sites was provided by a third party vendor and Beacon was responsible for the creation of a responsive design based on that layout, implementation into Cascade Server and a number of other customized features including:
- “Buckets” for graphical display of content and images on any content page: http://www.grossmont.edu/student-services/default.aspx
- “Accordions” for expand/collapse functionality on any content page: http://www.grossmont.edu/academics/programs-departments/asl/department-courses.aspx
- Documents directory template to display contents of folder
- Customized calendar based on Hannon Hill base: http://www.cuyamaca.edu/campus-life/calendar.aspx. Includes public “Submit an Event” form that allows students and other non-administrators to submit events to school calendars (after administrative review and approval workflow).
- News filtered from District listings, based on school: http://www.cuyamaca.edu/campus-life/news/default.aspx
- Optional and automatically populated “Last Updated” date on interior content pages
- Mega site menu that is administered in one location in Cascade and does not require full site publish to update
- Several emergency templates to quickly direct current students, faculty and staff to relevant information
- Editable and optional “Call to Action” buttons under left navigation of interior pages: http://www.cuyamaca.edu/academics/default.aspx (see Apply & Enroll, College Catalog, Class Schedule, WebAdvisor)
- Optional “Contact information” area under left navigation: http://www.cuyamaca.edu/academics/departments/cd-ed/cd/resources.aspx
- Photo gallery template: http://www.cuyamaca.edu/academics/departments/art/student-work-2011.aspx
- Custom faculty profile pages: http://www.grossmont.edu/people/jeff-waller/default.aspx
Virtually every developer at Beacon worked on these projects at one time or another, including importing and implementing over 4,ooo pages of content, and I’d like to personally thank them for their time and commitment ! The clients are very pleased with their new responsive sites and students have already expressed how much easier they are to use and navige, particularly on mobile devices. Congratulations on another well done project Beacon team!