Est. Reading Time: 1 minute
Beacon is proud to announce the launch of two “microsites” for the University of the Virgin Islands today. The new Community Engagement and Lifelong Learning (CELL) Center (http://cell.uvi.edu) and Safety in Paradise (http://safety.uvi.edu) websites boast the lovely tropical design of the main University of the Virgin Islands website, with customized color schemes and functionality to meet their unique organizational needs.
For example, each site includes the following features and functionality:
- Developed and maintained in Hannon Hill’s Cascade Server content management system
- Fully responsive design optimized for desktop, tablet and smartphones
- Branded UVI color scheme and graphics, with accent color selected by the client
- Rotating home page banner images with captions and thumbnail navigation
- Home page video player
- Call to action buttons
- Internal microsite-only search as well as option to search full main UVI site
- Social media icons displayed on every page of the site
- Quick links to internal or external webpages in site footer
- Audience-based (“Information For…”) page content and navigation
- Easy-to-maintain Spectate forms integrated into Cascade content pages (http://safety.uvi.edu/about/consultation.aspx)
Beacon looks forward to developing more microsites for departments and organizations within the University of the Virgin Islands very soon!