Est. Reading Time: 3 minutes
Beacon is proud to announce the release of the University of the Virgin Islands site redesign at http://www.uvi.edu! This is a stunning site that really displays the innovation and beauty of “the place to work and grow“. This site was completed six weeks ahead of the contracted final launch date and uses a wide variety of Cascade and custom-built functionality.
Among the site’s many wonderful features:
- 1700+ pages of rich content, including video widgets and news, event and announcement modules that can be customized by category
- 600+ employee profiles containing detailed biographical information. Department listing pages can be created anywhere on the site to show a subset of faculty/staff members, as needed
- Fully responsive to display all content and imagery appropriately on laptops, tablets and mobile phones alike
Customized and responsive Cascade-based calendar, including:
the ability to submit events via a public form, which are quickly and easily reviewed by a Cascade administrator via a workflow and added to the public calendar upon approval
- filtering by category/audience
- printable PDFs for specific categories (Academic Calendar, Official Holidays, etc.)
- Site-wide “mega menu” that is easily customizable by the client via Cascade, including optional call-to-action buttons and images
Extended footer that includes marketing text, links to popular sections, social media integration and call-to-action buttons, which can all be easily modified by the client in Cascade
- Non-Flash animated home page banner that can be maintained via Cascade
Ten audience-based gateway landing pages that are accessible from every page of the site and contain specialized marketing text, news, announcements, events, navigation links and calls-to-action, targeted to a specific visitor group, including current students, prospective students and the media
- Alternate Homepage with emergency message that allows the webmaster to replace the entire homepage with emergency information and quick links to resources.
Sharing/Social media icons (email/print/addthis) on every interior page
- Standardized academic degree pages that simplify display of extensive academic program information into tabs
Photo gallery page type that can be reproduced in any section of the site to display an unlimited number of images with captions and completely maintainable in Cascade
- Document directory page that that can be reproduced in any section of the site to display files (PDF/Word/Excel/etc) tagged with a specific category, with additional details like title, date added, file size and type (brochure, form/survey, policy/procedure, publication):
A to Z index which displays links to only specific/highly relevant pages (as selected by page creator/editor in Cascade)
- Every page has meta data fields (including page keywords, page descriptions) which can be updated to optimize page content/keywords for search engines.
Thanks to all the dedicated team members at Beacon and the University for their assistance and commitment to this massive project!