Est. Reading Time: 2 minutes
On Saturday, April 13, 2013, students and corporate teams from all across the triad will take over Downtown Greensboro to compete in the Biscuitville Bowl 7 Campus Scramble. Our Beacon team will attempt to take home a Golden Rolling Pin, by sprinting through downtown and scrambling through four off-the-wall biscuit-themed obstacles. The course is set for Center City Park as competitors will run/jump/slide through Downtown Greensboro’s Cultural District. Obstacles are placed throughout the race route and runners will take on breakfast ingredients including:
- Sweet Tea Tumble: Scale a 12 foot tall ramp with a lemon in your mouth and tumble down 14 feet into a pool of Southern Sweet Tea!
- Grit-Iron Tires: High knee through 8 sets of tires filled with wet grits. Lace up your shoes tightly to get through this Southern-style quick sand!
- Buttermilk Slip n’ Slide: A running leap into a 27 foot long river of buttermilk and slide to the final leg of the race.
- Jelly Belly: Army crawl on your elbows under flags through a low 20 foot long plane of strawberry jelly. Then race around the last stretch to the finish line!
- Finale Bonus Obstacle – Flour Shower: Get dusted in flour as you sprint through the course! Prepare to hold your breath as you’re breaded.
Beacon is confident with its gritty 4-person team that it can take home the Golden Rolling Pin and bread & cook our competition, including our client, . This year”s team includes CEO, Mark Dirks; Keana Lynch, Web Developer; Rick Boccard, Director of Sales; and Gus Kroustalis, Digital Marketing Analyst.
All proceeds from the 7 Campus Scramble and leftover biscuits will be donated to the Greensboro Urban Ministry.
Competitors can compete relay style in a team of four or compete individually. It is not too late to join in on some fun! For more information on participating or volunteering, please click here. View last year”s photos online now.
View this years photos on Facebook