Syracuse University, Whitman School of Management, Cascade Site launch
Est. Reading Time: 2 minute
This striking new Cascade site was launched on January 4, 2013: http://whitman.syr.edu/. Beacon completed a lot of excellent custom development on this site including the following:
- Develop a new website for the school using design templates provided by a third party design firm
- “Extended” top nav menu system that displays sub-level pages in a formatted and user-friendly manner and controlled by an include file “behind the scenes”:
- Customized home page banner rotation with extensive summary text area that can be maintained within Cascade
- Right column area (on lower level pages) that inherits the section page’s default content (or can be overridden at the page level) to minimize site maintenance
- Widgets to display specialized content (like news, testimonials, events, blog entries, etc.) as well as customizable call to action buttons
- Option to display standardized video player on any content page
- Customized testimonials template
- Cascade Workflow process for page-level approval
- Specialized navigation “pods” (like on this page: http://whitman.syr.edu/whitman-experience/index.aspx) that allow the admin to select which sub-pages to link to and display content about those sub-pages within the body of a page:
The client is really pleased with the new site and kudos to everyone involved!
- Justin—For extensive assistance in requirements gathering and software engineering, content import from the old site, Cascade training as well as “as needed” development assistance
- Tiffany—Responsible for the majority of the site development, including several pre-launch issues that were resolved in record time!
- Zed—For content updates and “as needed” site development
- John W—For assistance with a RSS feed issue
Another impressive Cascade site!