Est. Reading Time: 2 minute
We are happy to announce that the Beacon Mobile site is now officially live. It’s been in the pipline for quite some time but now it’s finally available. Justin Klingman, Beacon’s Software Development Manager, had this to say about the release.
“More and more people every day are using their mobile devices to access all Web content, and a functional, easy-to-use mobile version of our site was a necessity for us in today’s world. Using Cascade Server, we are able to maintain our site’s content in a single source, and publish out both a desktop and mobile version of our site with a single click, without having to manage two completely separate Web sites.”
On your smartphone, you’ll just need to go to beacontechnologies.com (or beacontec.com for you shorthanders), and you’ll be automatically directed to the new mobile site. (Note that we are not redirecting tablets to the mobile site.)
(Web Development Category)
Many Beacon team members had a hand in the development, testing, and optimization of this site:
- Keana did an awesome graphical design based on our main site, as well as did the initial template development and implementation. She really spearheaded this project from the beginning.
- Zed stepped in and made many changes and fixes, including rounding out the mobile version of the Design Portfolio.
- Miral got our Client Map to be mobile-friendly, which is an important marketing piece of the site. He also stepped in and helped with the mobile detection script to determine which devices should be sent to the mobile site, and which should not.
- Tiffany provided a lot of guidance, as well as thorough testing of the site.
- Eric did the web marketing for the site, and survived many rounds of getting canonical tags in place.
So pull out your smartphone and take a look! Let us know what you think of our new mobile site!