Texas A&M Foundation Launches Intranet
Est. Reading Time: 1 minute
Beacon Technologies just completed a redesign of the Texas A&M Foundation Intranet. In addition to visual updates, the site received usability enhancements and organizational features.
Here are some project highlights:
- The site is secured using both .NET permissions and an authentication method (Central Authentication Service) used by the University and allows multiple levels of security—from “guests” to management level. GREAT JOB MIKE!
- Bulletin board system for FAQs and Q&As as well as “fun” applications like trading tickets and recipes
- Integration of Google calendar, including downloadable events and calendar filters (See below.)
- Internal blog to enhance internal communication
- Beautifully designed and informational employee profile pages (See below.)
- Bookmark utility that visitors can use to save pages
- A-Z index for alphabetical listing of site pages as well as traditional site map
- CMS form creator
The client is thrilled with the results and we’d like to give credit to everyone on the software development team that was involved in the project! This is the Foundation’s eighth project with Beacon.