Est. Reading Time: 3 minutes
Google+ is the latest social networking tool launched by Google end of last month. It’s extremely popular, already having over 10 million users despite being in ‘field-trial’ mode. If you are one of the lucky few who managed to score an invite for Google+ but don’t have a lot of friends yet, read below to see how to invite your Facebook friends. Even though Facebook has been trying very hard to stop users from making the switch over to Google+, there are a couple of ways left to export your friends list. Below is one of the ways you can export your friends from Facebook and import them into Google+. This method works for now, but it may not work for long if Facebook decides to block this too.
- First create a Yahoo Mail account, if you don’t already have one.
- Log into your Yahoo account and click on “Contacts” tab.
- Click “Import contacts” and select Facebook from the list.
- Log into Facebook if it prompts you and authorize Yahoo to import your contacts.
- Once you start the import, it could take a few minutes depending on how many contacts you have.
- Next, log into Google+, and click “View and edit” link right below your circles.
- Click “Find and invite” link on the top and click on Yahoo.
- Login to Yahoo and authorize Google+ to import your contacts.
- Wait a few minutes for Google+ to import all your contacts than you can add them to your circle. However, it seems like Google+ has some issues with importing contacts from Yahoo. This step did not work for me, but I know it works for most people. If it didn’t work for you, read the steps below to try an alternate method.
- Go back to the Contacts tab in Yahoo Mail, click on “Tools” dropdown and select “Export”
- Click on “Export” next to “Yahoo! CSV”, follow the steps and click export.
- After a few seconds, you will be prompted to save a file. Save it somewhere on the Desktop, you will need it in the steps below.
- Open your Gmail account, and click on the “Contacts” link on the left.
- Click on “More actions” to open the dropdown and click on “Import”
- Browse and select the csv file you just saved in step 3 above. And Click Import
- Wait for the list to be imported into Gmail than go back to Google+.
- Refresh the “Find and Invite” tab and all your friends should show up and you can now add them to your circle.
Let me know in the comments if this didn’t work for you.