Est. Reading Time: 2 minutes
What is jQuery?
Benefits of using jQuery:
- Search Engine Optimized – While search engines are getting better at being able to read content within some Flash, everything within jQuery is setup as text. This means it is completely readable to all the search engines, exposing all your keyword rich content.
- Plug-ins – There are an abundance of plug-ins on the web that make creating special effects simple and fast for web developers.
- Help? – With an abundance of plug-ins comes with an abundance of help. There is a large helpful support community on the web to help you quickly remedy any bug issues.
- That was easy! – jQuery has easy implementation for web developers in comparison to other applications.
- FREE! – free, open source software.
- Simplifies AJAX
- Wow Factor – Web developers use jQuery to make web pages more exciting, interactive, cleaner, and more user friendly. Make your users go WOW!
jQuery in action! A few examples of jQuery Usage
- Interactive Google Map
- Animated Content Menu
- Slide Effects
- Slider Gallery
- Photobar Gallery
- Slideshow Gallery
- Mobile Image Gallery Web App
- Content Slider
- Photo Zoom Out Effect