Est. Reading Time: 2 minute
University of Houston News Releases
The University of Houston is a new Cascade Server client of ours. The entire university’s site is in Cascade, and they contracted with us to enhance the News Releases function to include the following:
· Ability to add images with captions to the news detail pages.
· Addition of article categories and authors.
· Redesign the listing page (http://www.uh.edu/news-events/archive.php) to list stories by year and month using a collapsible function. A new search feature was also installed, integrated with their Google Mini search appliance.
· New category listing pages that allows U of H to create a page that only displays stories tagged with certain categories.
· Modification to the display of the news stories on the homepage.
· Addition of RSS feeds, including a full listing and an RSS listing for each category (http://www.uh.edu/rss)
Sealy Mattress Promotion (http://www.sealymattresspromotion.com/)
Beacon teamed up with G-Force Marketing (here in Greensboro) and Sealy (some of you sleep on them) to build a Sealy Mattress Promotion site, where potential customers can use a dealer locator that we created. The reward for filling out the form (at the moment) is a $300 coupon towards a mattress. The user can search by zip code or city to find a dealer nearest them, and thanks to fancy AJAX, can easily sort the search results. G-Force can log into an Admin section to maintain the list of dealers and upload their logos.