Est. Reading Time: 2 minutes
As we do with every new website release, the Beacon Team enjoyed donuts this morning to celebrate the successful launch of the new and much improved Robert Ham website! Robert Ham provides America’s retailers with quality store fixtures, retail store displays for merchandising and packaging solutions (for 56 years!). This was truly a cross-department achievement and everyone involved really put in extra effort on this one:
- Creative: Beautiful design to perfectly compliment the client’s new print collateral
- Development / Database: The site was designed & developed in record time using AspDotNetStorefront with several last minute modifications (fully tested of course) just prior to launch.
- System Administration: Beacon’s Technical Support Group provided top notch technical and launch support, and went well beyond the call of duty by changing the DNS at midnight last night to ensure a smooth transition from the old site to the new one.
- SEO: Web marketing setup tasks were performed to fully optimize the website for search engine friendliness.
This implementation of AspDotNetStorefront included some nice features:
- Product import of more than 2000 products from an existing paper catalog database (which will ultimately interface directly to their back-office systems)
- Custom-designed home, category, topic, checkout and product templates
- Client can edit virtually all of the home page body content area, including part of the header
- Advanced category and search filters that allow the client to segment the products by whatever attributes they’d like (color, price, etc.)
- Sortable and “View All” functionality on category landing and search results pages
- Related Products and Recently Viewed Product recommendations
- Dynamic product recommendations (“People Who Bought This, Also Bought…”)
- Product Compare on category landing pages
- Enhanced search capabilities (by price, category, etc.)
- Restricting admin users to certain menus
- Integration of Constant Contact newsletter sign up
- Virtual catalog integration (coming soon)
- Custom Request a Catalog form
This was truly a cross-department achievement and everyone involved really put in extra effort on this one. Big thanks to Wendy Honneycut who created a beautiful design to perfectly compliment the client’s new print collateral, Tiffany May who developed the site in record time!, John Wallwork for all the transactional work, William Nichols and Wayne Van Zandt for providing top notch technical and launch support (as usual)!, Andrea Cole and Brad Henry for completing all the web marketing setup tasks, Annette Fowler for Project Management and Justin Klingman and Tracy Dirks for consultation and advising.