Est. Reading Time: 1 minute
I returned from the AspDotNetStorefront Developer’s conference in July with lots of exciting news about the upcoming release of AspDotNetStorefront ML Version 9, entitled “Ashland” (apparently a city in Ohio, near their headquarters). Though no official release date has been publicized (Beta release was 10/7/09), my inside sources tell me mid to late November.
Here’s what’s in “store” (pun intended!):
- ERP synchronization– real-time integration with third-party and back office applications
- Enhanced Kit product layout– the older versions had kind of a clumsy kit interface; this one is much nicer user experience and Ajax-based. Allows for images for kit options and toolbox .NET controls.
- Multi-Store– allows a single database and common administrators to manage products of multiple domains/stores. Ideal for stores with up to 100,000 products, 10-20,000 entities and 200-300 orders per day
- Configurable URL-rewrites– Allows URL to be customized for search engine optimization purposes
- Entity page sorting– ability for visitor to sort category/department/manufacturer listing pages
- Adhoc WYSIWYG report generator in Admin
- Ajax-based mini cart
- Support for postal codes formatted by countries other than U.S.
- Support for versioning and nesting topic pages
- Coupon start dates and product exclusions
- Page-level, role-based security in Admin
- Direct integration with Avalara Tax Service and Velaro Chat Service