Est. Reading Time: 2 minutes
Is AspDotNetStorefront right for you?
Have you been thinking about expanding your business to an online store, but don’t have the budget for a fully customized solution? Beacon’s implementation of AspDotNetStorefront may be just what you are looking for. Our growing list of clients using AspDotNetStorefront as their ecommerce platform range from such industries as personalized gifts (http://www.giftbandit.com/) to custom furniture (http://www.acfurniture.com/becommerce) to licensed merchandise (http://www.sunbrellaonthego.com/ ) and more!
If you haven’t heard about AspDotNetStorefront, here’s a quick summary:
AspDotNetStorefront is the leading .net shopping cart platform for developers. It is used by over 5000 developers and nearly 10,000 merchants. After designing its own ecommerce software in the late 90’s, Beacon spent several years evaluating newer, state-of-the-art ecommerce software, to not only provide a cost-effective, feature-rich platform to its customers, but to also ensure that it would be SEO-friendly and integrate well with Beacon’s search engine marketing services. More…
I have worked extensively with this product and have come to really appreciate its flexibility. One of our clients wanted to be up and running with an ecommerce store in just a few weeks with little customization, while another client needed a really appealing design and user interface, but didn’t need the shopping cart functionality at all. AspDotNetStorefront’s extensive features list allowed us to meet both of these customer’s needs—keeping costs down and everyone likes to save money, right?
Here are a few of the “out of the box” features that our clients really love:
- Auto image resizing—my personal favorite!
- Multiple images per product (icon, medium and large)
- Swatch color image changing
- Image galleries
- Categorization by category, department, manufacturer (products able to be assigned to more than one)
- Downloadable products
- Gift registry, wish list, sale prices and coupons
- VERY search engine friendly—custom search engine meta tags, static product/category pages
- Automatic email notification to customer with receipt as well as automatic email notification to store admin of new order received
- Customers can view order history and address book
The software also allows plenty of room for growth—maybe you don’t need to be able to offer real time shipping rates with UPS/Fedex now, but what if sales really take off? This feature is part of the base product and can be turned on when needed.
Want to see how Beacon can boost your business through AspDotNetStorefront? Contact us today!