Est. Reading Time: 2 minutes
Welcome to my first blog on Web hosting. Since I’m a big sports guy, I relate this “blogging” debut to a rookie getting called up to big leagues. So, forgive me if I have “opening day” blogger nerves but I hope you’ll find the post informative when choosing a hosting option.
There are several aspects to having a successful web site, but one of the most important components is having a dependable web hosting company. Once you’ve made your investment developing a great looking site, and you’re running your entire business on-line, the last thing you need is for your site to be down or hacked or be incredibility slow. So, it’s important to choose the right hosting company that has the features you need for your web site to be running efficiently 24x7x365. Here are three important factors when evaluating hosting solutions:
So, let’s break down each of these items to identify the important features of each one.
- It’s important to utilize the same company who developed the site
- 24x7x365 Technical Support & Monitoring
- Web Analytics to provide important data about your site’s usage and traffic patterns
- Test and Production systems so you can review/test your site prior to releasing it to production (Live)
- Industry leading hardware and software providers – some companies use “white boxes” which are custom built servers made from scratch. You want good warranty support on your servers and your software from industry leaders
- State-of-the-art data center that includes multiple Internet connections, redundant air conditioners, UPS, diesel generators
- Daily, Weekly & Monthly backups
- Offsite backups
- Dual power supplies in your server
- Dual firewalls
- RAID systems for disk storage in your servers
- Web and application servers that are separate from your database
- Your bandwidth can be expanded to meet your site’s evolving needs within a few business days
- The ability to go with dedicated servers
- A Content Management System (CMS) which allows you to have multiple authors for your web content
The bottom line is that your hosting company needs to be able to grow with your business as well as having all of the features needed to manage and monitor your web site. So, when considering hosting options don’t forget these handy tips, and if you need help just gives us a call.