Higher Ed Website Audit: How Do You Stack Up?
How can I improve my College Website?
An audit of your Higher Education website includes all of the critical areas that allow you to most effectively serve your students, parents, faculty, alumni and administration.
Digital Marketing, Creative Marketing and Technical Experts with Higher Ed websites will review the design, user experience, content, Google Analytics, SEO, social media, paid search and general practices for colleges and universities. Learn what you are doing well, what needs attention, and ways to bring your website up to current standards (and expectations) in Higher Education. See how your website really stacks up!
Our Audit Staff will review and score your website on 33 important factors, provide written recommendations identifying actions you can take immediately, and discuss their findings with you, line-by-line, to answer your questions.
The following critical areas are evaluated:
- Design: Links & buttons, look-and-feel, branding standards/identity, calls-to-action, messaging, points of emphasis (unique programs/differentiators)
- User Experience: Focusing on directories, mobile usage, intuitiveness for various audiences, navigation, site search
- Content: Focusing on academic programs & information, admissions information, events/calendar, faculty/staff recruitment, header/footer content, college/university general information, news, quick links/tools, student/campus life, campus visits
- General Practice: Focusing on contact information, emergency alert function(s) and more common practices for Higher Ed websites.
- Google Analytics: Integration of tools and products into GA (Adwords, Search Console), proper setup/configuration, reporting dashboard, user segmentation (prospective students, current students, parents, faculty, alumni)
- SEO: Assessing SEO effectiveness, proper attention to keyword targets (unique/descriptive content), crawlable site structure & tactices for Search Engines (navigation/content) and more
- Social Media: Consistently branded profiles across platforms, effective integration of social content and badges on website
- Paid Search (PPC): Opportunities to improve, or take advantage of paid search techniques (branded and non-branded), utilization of paid search and level of optimization for rankings for targeted keywords and audiences.