Beacon is one of the leading website design and development firms for colleges and universities in the U.S. Our Higher Ed clients like our "Brains, Beauty, Brawn" approach because it emphasizes defining the strategy fully, creating an engaging design and developing the solution with trusted technology. After 15+ years in Higher Ed, Beacon not only brings the processes and people to get the job done right, but we bring a lot of creative ideas and valuable experience in this space.
In a nutshell, here are some of the areas where Beacon can help with your college or university web initiative:
- Major website redesigns (responsive for mobile, tablets and desktops)
- Cascade Server CMS expertise, upgrades or installations
- Guidance and consulting to improve the performance of your website (usability, engagement, visits)
Little did we know that our early work with the US Department of Education (FAFSA website as subcontractor for Accenture) and with Texas Southern University (website overhaul as subcontractor for Bearing Point) would steadily grow into web solutions projects with colleges and universities all over the United States (and Caribbean).
Beacon fully understands the structure of Higher Education in terms of administration (distributed organizations, governance), target audiences (students, parents, faculty, alumni) and unique ways that colleges and universities use the web. We are a long standing Premiere Developer Partner for Hannon Hill’s Cascade Server CMS product, which is used by hundreds of universities and Beacon has 100+ implementations under its belt.
We believe our Higher Ed customers get a unique benefit in that Beacon provides full-service web solutions that include:
- developing the strategic plan based on interviews, focus groups, surveys, analytics, your brand and marketing objectives,
- designing your website to reflect your brand such that you stand out from your competition via creative visual features and valuable functionality that accentuates the user experience for students, parents, faculty and alumni,
- developing your website with an easy-to-use content management system, integrated with 3rd party software, so that it meets day-to-day business needs and performs dependably.
The Beacon staff enjoys working on Higher Ed projects. We embrace the partnership because our collective work on this project will be used by tens of thousands of people on the web. We'll work together to deliver a website that your college or university will be proud of. A Beacon Project Manager will guide you through the process, bringing in our various consultants, designers and developers at the right time to keep the project rolling toward an on-time, on-budget delivery.
Some of our higher education website clients are: University of Wyoming, University of Houston, Framingham State University, Syracuse University, Jacksonville State University, University of North Georgia, Boston College, Westminster College, University of the Virgin Islands, Nova Scotia Community College, Grossmont Cuayamaca Community College District, Harvard University, and...
- Albright College
- American University of Antigua/GCLR
- Brooklyn Law School
- Carnegie Mellon
- Clemson University
- Duke University
- Florida International University
- Framingham State University
- George Brown College
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Lees-McRae College
- North Carolina A&T University
- North Carolina State University
- Oak Ridge Military Academy
- The Princeton Review
- Randolph-Macon College
- Rollins College (Fry Hammond Barr)
- Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Southern Illinois University
- St. Mary's College of Maryland
- Syracuse University
- Texas A&M Foundation
- Texas Southern University
- University of Hartford
- University of Houston
- University of North Alabama
- University of North Carolina Greensboro CENTe-R
- University of North Carolina Greensboro NCRLAP
- University of North Carolina Greensboro Office of Sponsored Programs
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Scranton
- University of Wyoming
- Wake Forest University
- Winston-Salem State University
"We are extremely happy with Beacon's strong customer service orientation, very knowledgeable technical support, as well as tactical and strategic advice that keep our web site design, hardware and software up-to-date"
"Many companies want to race through requirements elicitation, but not the Beacon team. The extra time we spent on analysis paid enormous dividends throughout the remainder of the project."